World Cup 2014: Cristiano Ronaldo, Sergio Aguero, Daniel Sturridge and the rest of the 10 best strikers heading to Brazil
Who is set to shine this summer in Brazil?
The 2014 World Cup will undoubtedly be a spectacle to watch as Brazil takes centre stage this summer, with the culmination of the world’s best players heading to South America in the hope of winning the biggest trophy of them all.
Most fans will be hoping for a demonstration of lethal finishing and goals galore, and for that hope to become reality the world’s strike force will need to be on song when they take to Brazil’s stadiums. So who can we expect to feature heavily on our screens across the next month and a half?
The obvious candidates are Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Aguero, although despite being undoubtedly the two best players in the world for the past few years, neither has a World Cup winners' medal to their name yet. Questions remain on whether we’ll see Luis Suarez feature in the World Cup – and against England in Group D – while lesser names like Jackson Martinez and Mario Madzukic could be set to shine this summer.
Want to see the best strikers on show this summer? Click the gallery below to see our top 10 striker going to the World Cup:
Are you looking forward to seeing a striker that isn’t on the list? Leave your opinion in the comment box below.
Latest in Sport
MK Dons 4 Manchester United 0: Emmanuel Frimpong and Edin Dzeko lead the jokes as the internet reacts to humiliating defeat
Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
Manchester United transfer news: Daley Blind will only move for 'top price'
Arsenal vs Besiktas match report: Alexis Sanchez scores only goal as Gunners survive night of nerves to qualify for Champions League
Arsenal vs Besiktas player ratings: Alexis Sanchez? Jack Wilshere? Mesut Ozil? Who was the star man at the Emirates Stadium?
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'