World Cup 2014: England squad fly out to Miami as World Cup campaign begins
Roy Hodgson's side posed for team photo at Luton Airport
Sunday 01 June 2014
They might not be among the favourites for this year's World Cup, but Roy Hodgson and his England side have begun their journey to Brazil.
The squad assembled at Luton Airport for a final team photo before boarding a flight to Miami, where the next stage of their preparations will take place.
England are due to play two friendlies on the other side of the Atlantic before flying to Brazil for the tournament proper.
Dressed in matching grey suits, they took the opportunity to pose for several photos including the obligatory one on the steps of the plane.
England will play two friendlies at Miami's Sun Life Stadium against Ecuador and Honduras as a warm-up before their opening World Cup game with Italy in Manaus on June 14. The England squad on the steps of their plane
Steven Gerrard prepares to board the plane
They have already played one warm-up fixture, Friday's 3-0 victory over Peru at Wembley.
Latest in Sport
Frank Lampard was RIGHT not to celebrate Manchester City's equaliser against Chelsea
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Five reasons why Louis van Gaal is a worse Manchester United manager than David Moyes
Sam Wallace: Louis Van Gaal struggled at start of Bayern’s Double-winning season, but United’s problems run deeper and this league is less forgiving
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond