World Cup 2014: England squad fly out to Miami as World Cup campaign begins
Roy Hodgson's side posed for team photo at Luton Airport
Sunday 01 June 2014
They might not be among the favourites for this year's World Cup, but Roy Hodgson and his England side have begun their journey to Brazil.
The squad assembled at Luton Airport for a final team photo before boarding a flight to Miami, where the next stage of their preparations will take place.
England are due to play two friendlies on the other side of the Atlantic before flying to Brazil for the tournament proper.
Dressed in matching grey suits, they took the opportunity to pose for several photos including the obligatory one on the steps of the plane.
England will play two friendlies at Miami's Sun Life Stadium against Ecuador and Honduras as a warm-up before their opening World Cup game with Italy in Manaus on June 14. The England squad on the steps of their plane
Steven Gerrard prepares to board the plane
They have already played one warm-up fixture, Friday's 3-0 victory over Peru at Wembley.
Latest in Sport
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet