World Cup 2014: England squad fly out to Miami as World Cup campaign begins
Roy Hodgson's side posed for team photo at Luton Airport
Sunday 01 June 2014
They might not be among the favourites for this year's World Cup, but Roy Hodgson and his England side have begun their journey to Brazil.
The squad assembled at Luton Airport for a final team photo before boarding a flight to Miami, where the next stage of their preparations will take place.
England are due to play two friendlies on the other side of the Atlantic before flying to Brazil for the tournament proper.
Dressed in matching grey suits, they took the opportunity to pose for several photos including the obligatory one on the steps of the plane.
England will play two friendlies at Miami's Sun Life Stadium against Ecuador and Honduras as a warm-up before their opening World Cup game with Italy in Manaus on June 14. The England squad on the steps of their plane
Steven Gerrard prepares to board the plane
They have already played one warm-up fixture, Friday's 3-0 victory over Peru at Wembley.
Latest in Sport
Manchester City vs Southampton: Frank Lampard shuns the limelight ahead of his Premier League farewell
Francis Coquelin: The would-be Zinedine Zidane now making an impression as Arsenal’s Claude Makelele
Arsenal vs Aston Villa: Gunners snub that redefined Tim Sherwood
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
'I think you are an ostrich': The funniest managerial quotes of the 2014/15 Premier League season
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
- 3 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating