World Cup 2014: Felix Magath claims he'd rather have Thomas Muller over Neymar in his side
Brazil's poster boy won't be arriving at Fulham any time soon
Thursday 03 July 2014
Felix Magath has dented Fulham fans hopes for the future after saying he would not sign World Cup superstar Neymar, even if he could get him for free.
Relegated Fulham will ply their trade in the Championship next season, but Magath doesn't think he could find a spot for the No 10.
Speaking to German TV channel ZDF, Magath said that he didn't like players like Neymar.
"I like team players. Players like Neymar, where it’s all about the individual scoring goals... I don’t know," said the German.
He added with a grin: "I probably wouldn’t even take him for free."
Magath was speaking to former Bayern Munich star Hasan Salihamidzic, who was shocked by his admission - he even burst out laughing. Neymar wouldn't get into Magath's Fulham side
However Magath, who begins his pre-season with a trip to East Fife on Saturday, did then admit he might change his mind, on one condition: "If Neymar wins the World Cup with Brazil, then maybe I’d consider it."
When asked which players he would like to Craven Cottage, Magath named Germany duo Thomas Muller and Manuel Neuer.
Latest in Sport
Anderlecht vs Arsenal match report: Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski pounce as Arsenal leave it late
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Arsenal player ratings
Mario Balotelli substituted at half-time against Real Madrid: Was this shirt swapping the real reason?
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years