World Cup 2014 final - Germany vs Argentina: Messi ignores Alejandro Sabella's extra-time team talk
Argentina skipper walked off halfway with Sabella still speaking
Sunday 13 July 2014
Lionel Messi appeared to walk off and ignore Alejandro Sabella's team talk just before the start of extra-time in the World Cup final.
Sabella was giving an impassioned speech to his players after they had battled to a tight 0-0 draw with Germany in the Maracana.
But the Argentina skipper appeared to ignore Sabella's instruction and sulk off on his own half-tway through the manager's speech.
Sabella is set to step down from the Argentina job after the game.
Earlier in the night, Messi continued his strange ritual of vomiting during the match. Bent over double, the forward vomited in the centre circle during the first half.
The Barcelona No 10 has previously been tested to see what is causing it, but no problem has been found.
He has previously said it is just something that happens to him and is not a cause for concern.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Latest in Sport
Think before you ink: Manchester United fan gets Sir Alex Ferguson tattoo - and will regret it for the rest of his life
Paul Scholes column: Rio Ferdinand and John Terry row was bad but they could have kept playing for England
Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal: Mesut Ozil given the worst rating possible by German newspaper Bild after poor performance
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Bayern Munich vs Manchester City report: Jerome Boateng thrashes home winner against former team
- 1 Scottish independence live: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum - as it happened
- 2 Scottish referendum results: David Cameron set to unveil major devolution of powers to England
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair