Shakira performs at World Cup closing ceremony at the Maracana
The Colombian featured at her third World Cup
The show started at 6.15pm (UK time).
Following the opening song, Shakira performed at her third World Cup, and sang "La La La (Brazil 2014)" alongside home favorite Carlinhos Brown.
Four years ago in South Africa, Shakira sang "Waka Waka" and four years before that in Germany she performed her hit "Hips Don't Lie".
The opening ceremony on 12 June at Sao Paulo's Corinthians Arena starred rapper Pitbull, singer Jennifer Lopez and Brazil's Claudia Leitte.
Video: Shakira excited about World Cup performance
The final kicked off at 8pm as Germany faced Argentina.
Latest in Sport
MotoGP Qatar Grand Prix 2015: Five things we can expect this season plus what to look out for as Marc Marquez begins title defence
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
Sting vs Triple H: NWO, DX and Shawn Michaels return at Wrestlemania 31 at The Game triumphs in flashback to Monday Night Wars
Cricket World Cup 2015: It was all over the moment the cup’s best bowler bowled the best batsman
Thierry Henry shows he's still got it with incredible pass against Jamie Carragher's side during Steven Gerrard tribute match
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Yorkshire man to win £10,000 off a £1 bet placed six years ago if Dan Jarvis becomes Labour Party leader
- 3 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 4 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 5 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew