World Cup 2014: How can Brazil qualify from Group A?
We take a look at how Brazil can reach the last 16
Sunday 22 June 2014
The hosts, Brazil will advance to the last 16 of the World Cup with a win or a draw against Cameroon in Brasilia.
Brazil are currently above Mexico in Group A on goal difference, so will qualify as group winners as long as they better Mexico's result against Croatia.
Luiz Felipe Scolari's side won their first match of the tournament, beating Croatia 3-1, and drew their second match, a goalless draw with Mexico.
Possible second round opponents:
Netherlands or Chile.
The Group A table in full...
Brazil have won five World Cups, most recently in 2002.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Tottenham player ratings: Mesut Ozil? Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain? Nacer Chadli? Who was the star man at the Emirates?
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Husain Abdullah penalised after celebrating a touchdown with a Muslim prayer - causing mass outrage among fans
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
Cristiano Ronaldo banner: This is how Real Madrid striker reacted to the stunt by Manchester United fans
- 1 Reyhaneh Jabbari: Iran due to execute woman for murder of her alleged attempted rapist
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 5 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany