World Cup 2014: How can Ivory Coast finish top of Group C?
We take a look at how Sabri Lamouchi's side can finish top of Group C
Ivory Coast are all but certain to qualify along with Colombia from Group C in the World Cup, but may have to settle for second place.
The Elephants recovered from a goal down to beat Japan 2-1 but lost by the same scoreline to group leaders Colombia, who will finish top of the group if they avoid defeat against Japan.
Meanwhile, the Ivory Coast team - which includes the likes of Didier Drogba, Yaya Toure and Gervinho - can still finish top of the group. They would need to beat Greece by three goals and hope that Colombia lose to Greece, as they have an inferior goal difference.
While the chances of that happening remain somewhat slim, Lamouchi's men will secure second place in Group C with a victory over Greece. They can also draw providing that Colombia also draw with Japan.
Possible second round opponents:
Costa Rica or Italy on Saturday.
The Group C table in full...
Japan and Greece can still qualify at the Ivory Coast's expense.
Latest in Sport
How Liverpool can catch Manchester United and secure Champions League football next season
Arsenal transfer news: Tomas Rosicky and Mathieu Flamini set for showdown summer talks over future
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger reveals: 'We are not close to signing anybody. We need to lose some players'
Danny Jones: Keighley Cougars half-back dies after cardiac arrest during league game
Chelsea season player ratings: Grading the entire squad of the new Premier League champions
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 Russell Brand backs Ed Miliband: 'You gotta vote Labour'
- 4 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want