World Cup 2014: How can Ivory Coast finish top of Group C?
We take a look at how Sabri Lamouchi's side can finish top of Group C
Ivory Coast are all but certain to qualify along with Colombia from Group C in the World Cup, but may have to settle for second place.
The Elephants recovered from a goal down to beat Japan 2-1 but lost by the same scoreline to group leaders Colombia, who will finish top of the group if they avoid defeat against Japan.
Meanwhile, the Ivory Coast team - which includes the likes of Didier Drogba, Yaya Toure and Gervinho - can still finish top of the group. They would need to beat Greece by three goals and hope that Colombia lose to Greece, as they have an inferior goal difference.
While the chances of that happening remain somewhat slim, Lamouchi's men will secure second place in Group C with a victory over Greece. They can also draw providing that Colombia also draw with Japan.
Possible second round opponents:
Costa Rica or Italy on Saturday.
The Group C table in full...
Japan and Greece can still qualify at the Ivory Coast's expense.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Latest in Sport
Everton vs Wolfsburg match report: Tim Howard hands Everton clear advantage
Think before you ink: Manchester United fan gets Sir Alex Ferguson tattoo - and will regret it for the rest of his life
Paul Scholes column: Rio Ferdinand and John Terry row was bad but they could have kept playing for England
Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal: Mesut Ozil given the worst rating possible by German newspaper Bild after poor performance
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
- 1 Scottish independence results live: Reunited kingdom - Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum
- 2 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 3 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair