World Cup 2014: How can Mexico qualify from Group A?
We take a look at how Mexico can reach the last 16
Sunday 22 June 2014
Mexico will advance to the last 16 of the World Cup with a win or a draw against Croatia in Recife.
Mexico could top the group if they better Brazil's result against Cameroon. Mexico are currently second in the group on goal difference.
Miguel Herrera's side won their first match, beating Cameroon 1-0, and drew their second game 0-0 against the hosts Brazil.
Possible second round opponents:
Netherlands or Chile on Saturday.
The Group A table in full...
It is not possible for Cameroon to qualify for the knockout stages.
Apple agrees deal with Visa on contactless payments
Latest in Sport
Manchester United transfer news: Louis van Gaal offloads fringe players as he looks to the long term
Radamel Falcao transfer latest: Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City linked with blockbuster move
Tottenham to offer Andros Townsend to Southampton in £14m deadline day bid for Jay Rodriguez
Tottenham vs Liverpool player ratings: Who was the star man? Raheem Sterling? Alberto Moreno? Or new-boy Mario Balotelli?
Everton vs Chelsea player ratings: Who was best in the nine-goal thriller at Goodison?
- 1 Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127