World Cup 2014: How can Mexico qualify from Group A?
We take a look at how Mexico can reach the last 16
Mexico will advance to the last 16 of the World Cup with a win or a draw against Croatia in Recife.
Mexico could top the group if they better Brazil's result against Cameroon. Mexico are currently second in the group on goal difference.
Miguel Herrera's side won their first match, beating Cameroon 1-0, and drew their second game 0-0 against the hosts Brazil.
Possible second round opponents:
Netherlands or Chile on Saturday.
The Group A table in full...
It is not possible for Cameroon to qualify for the knockout stages.
Latest in Sport
Manchester City vs Southampton: Frank Lampard shuns the limelight ahead of his Premier League farewell
Francis Coquelin: The would-be Zinedine Zidane now making an impression as Arsenal’s Claude Makelele
Arsenal vs Aston Villa: Gunners snub that redefined Tim Sherwood
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
'I think you are an ostrich': The funniest managerial quotes of the 2014/15 Premier League season
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 3 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating