World Cup 2014: How can Mexico qualify from Group A?
We take a look at how Mexico can reach the last 16
Mexico will advance to the last 16 of the World Cup with a win or a draw against Croatia in Recife.
Mexico could top the group if they better Brazil's result against Cameroon. Mexico are currently second in the group on goal difference.
Miguel Herrera's side won their first match, beating Cameroon 1-0, and drew their second game 0-0 against the hosts Brazil.
Possible second round opponents:
Netherlands or Chile on Saturday.
The Group A table in full...
It is not possible for Cameroon to qualify for the knockout stages.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Chelsea: Mutual contempt burns as rivals Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho face off again
Memphis Depay to Manchester United: Striker 'arrives in England' for talks over £25m switch
Wayne Rooney is Premier League's richest footballer with £72million worth but Lewis Hamilton leads the Sunday Times Rich List
Memphis Depay to Manchester United: Louis van Gaal faces difficult task as Liverpool hold 'secret' meeting with transfer target
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao start?
- 1 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 2 Black Mass trailer: Johnny Depp might have started making good films again
- 3 Jacob Lescenski and Anthony Martinez: Straight student asks gay friend to High School prom and makes a million Twitter friends
- 4 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'