World Cup 2014: How can Mexico qualify from Group A?
We take a look at how Mexico can reach the last 16
Mexico will advance to the last 16 of the World Cup with a win or a draw against Croatia in Recife.
Mexico could top the group if they better Brazil's result against Cameroon. Mexico are currently second in the group on goal difference.
Miguel Herrera's side won their first match, beating Cameroon 1-0, and drew their second game 0-0 against the hosts Brazil.
Possible second round opponents:
Netherlands or Chile on Saturday.
The Group A table in full...
It is not possible for Cameroon to qualify for the knockout stages.
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes head injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener fights for his life
Sam Wallace: Players of Suarez’s standing just don’t sign for clubs like Liverpool
Phil Hughes head injury: He had one weakness – it has come back to haunt him
Schalke vs Chelsea: Jose Mourinho says his Blues side are playing better than any Chelsea team in recent memory
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich comment: Frank Lampard's part in City win shows folly of letting him leave
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Black Friday 2014: Opening hours for John Lewis, Asda, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 4 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 5 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'