World Cup 2014: Kolo Toure fit for Ivory Coast despite contracting malaria
Liverpool defender will be ready for tournament
Thursday 12 June 2014
Kolo Toure will be fit for the World Cup despite contracting malaria, according to reports.
The experienced Ivory Coast defender, who signed for Liverpool at the start of last season, says he feels 'great' and joked that he is looking strong as the World Cup approaches.
Toure became ill on a flight to the United States this Wednesday, but said that his medical team new exactly what to do in order to get him fit again.
Read more: World Cup opening ceremony - LIVE
Ivory Coast begin their tournament on Sunday when they take on fellow Group C side Japan.
Ivory Coast's defender Souleymane Bamba (L), Ivory Coast's defender Kolo Toure (C) and Ivory Coast's defender Arthur Boka take part in a training session
After two consecutive World Cups with tricky group stage draws, they might feel a little more confident about advancing this year having been drawn alongside Colombia, Greece and Japan.
Presents unwrapped, turkey gobbled... it's time to relax
Latest in Sport
Phillip Hughes: #putoutyourbats tribute sees Twitter users pay their respects to Hughes including Graeme Swann and David Warner
Phil Hughes dead: List of players who have tragically died on the cricket pitch
Nani transfer: No future for winger at Sporting Lisbon as club cannot afford his wages when loan deal with Manchester United runs out
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Phillip Hughes death: UK company Masuri say Australian opener was wearing 'outdated helmet'
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship