World Cup 2014: Mario Balotelli announces his engagement to model Fanny Neguesha days before Italy's match against England
The striker revealed his good news on Monday night
The former Manchester City forward confirmed on his social networking site last night that he will marry his Belgian girlfriend.
"She said yes.. The most important yes in my life. That was the place of my question! I Love you and happy birthday too! Je t'aime my WIFE"
In just four days time, the Italians face England in the Manaus jungle, and will hope that the the impending marriage softens the controversial forward, who currently plays for AC Milan but has been linked with a move to Arsenal this summer.
Balotelli's fiancée added on her own instagram account: "Tonight, I said the most important yes of my life. That was the best present for my birthday! I love you first and unique husband."
The pair have been dating for a year, although they briefly split late last year before rekindling their romance.
The 23-year-old faces a battle to start in the match against Roy Hodgson's side on Saturday, after his rival for the No 9 shirt Ciro Immobile scored a hat-trick in Italy's 5-3 victory over Fluminense on Sunday night in their final warm-up game before the World Cup.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal have no plans to stock Petr Cech inspired caps in club shops - yet
Copa America 2015: When does it start, what channel is it on and who should I support?
Women's World Cup 2015: How England's semi-final success could do wonders for both sexes
Nigel Pearson: Leicester City sack manager despite Premier League survival
Radamel Falcao to Chelsea: Former Manchester United forward 'signs contract' to join Blues and is told to meet up with squad on pre-season tour
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network