World Cup 2014: Martin O'Neill gets one over Patrick Vieira, Fabio Cannavaro and Adrian Chiles
Pundit gave as good as he got, pointing out his European Cup record
Republic of Ireland manager Martin O'Neill gave two World Cup winners (and Adrian Chiles) a public dressing down after they shared a laugh at his expense.
LIVE: Follow the latest news from Day 11, including Russia v Belgium, South Korea v Algeria and USA v Portugal
During ITV's coverage, Adrian Chiles lightly goaded O'Neill about his glasses, prompting laughter from the other two pundits.
Looking at a shaky wall that saw Switzerland pull a goal back, Chiles said: "Were you strong in a defensive wall, Martin? I can imagine you in the wall, with your glasses on, flinching a little bit like [Karim] Benzema."
But O'Neill shot back at the trio, bringing his stellar European Cup record into the equation...
O'Neill won his two European Cups under Brian Clough at Nottingham Forest in 1979 and 1980.
Vieira later tweeted: "Getting flashbacks sitting next to Martin O'Neill, feel like being back in the tunnel with Keane...need to sort him out...like in the tunnel."
Latest in Sport
Manchester United can learn lessons from the transfer template of rivals Manchester City
Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea top the list of the Premier League's most expensive squads
Harry Kane: Tottenham striker confident of rediscovering goal-scoring form after chat with Alan Shearer
Cyprus vs Wales match report: Gareth Bale's bullet header has Welsh on brink of Euro 2016
Bayern Munich 'training camp' to supply refugees with food, footballs and German lessons
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train