World Cup 2014: Official anthem 'The World Is Ours' unveiled by Coca-Cola in Colombia
Tuesday 14 January 2014
The official Fifa World Cup 2014 anthem has been released by Coca-Cola ahead of this summer’s tournament, with a clear South American feel to the tune influenced by three artists who hail from the continent.
David Correy, who is best known for reaching the final of the second season of “The X Factor,” is one of the three artists who sang “The World is Ours” at the official launch in Bogota, Colombia. Alongside Brazilian percussion troupe Monobloco and written by song writing team Rock Mafia, Correy delved into his Brazilian roots from a re-connection with his Brazil-born mother, to perform the song anthem alongside Carlos Vives, a Colombian singer.
Brazilian Gaby Amaranots completed the trio who performed the song in their respective languages, and it will be used by the drinks company as part of their advertising in the build-up to the World Cup.
Listen to the official World Cup 2014 anthem below...
Latest in Sport
Norwich 2 Liverpool 3 match report: Liverpool go five points clear of Chelsea at top of Premier League table on day Luis Suarez hits goal number 30
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker shows both his sides after hitting 30 Premier League goals but play acting yet again
Chelsea 1 Sunderland 2: Graceless reaction of Jose Mourinho a sad effort to hide his own flaws
David Moyes says Manchester United passed 'brilliantly', despite 2-0 defeat to Everton
Liverpool: Three remaining fixtures - can they remain on top of the Premier League table?
- 1 Chelsea 1 Sunderland 2: Graceless reaction of Jose Mourinho a sad effort to hide his own flaws
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Shropshire criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers