World Cup 2014: Official anthem 'The World Is Ours' unveiled by Coca-Cola in Colombia
Tuesday 14 January 2014
The official Fifa World Cup 2014 anthem has been released by Coca-Cola ahead of this summer’s tournament, with a clear South American feel to the tune influenced by three artists who hail from the continent.
David Correy, who is best known for reaching the final of the second season of “The X Factor,” is one of the three artists who sang “The World is Ours” at the official launch in Bogota, Colombia. Alongside Brazilian percussion troupe Monobloco and written by song writing team Rock Mafia, Correy delved into his Brazilian roots from a re-connection with his Brazil-born mother, to perform the song anthem alongside Carlos Vives, a Colombian singer.
Brazilian Gaby Amaranots completed the trio who performed the song in their respective languages, and it will be used by the drinks company as part of their advertising in the build-up to the World Cup.
Listen to the official World Cup 2014 anthem below...
Latest in Sport
Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
Danny Ings to Tottenham: Spurs rival Liverpool for £6m Burnley striker
England 'favourites' to host 2018 World Cup following Fifa arrests
Manchester United season player ratings: Grading Louis van Gaal's entire squad
Liverpool season player ratings: Grading Brendan Rodgers' entire squad
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 3 Ricky Gervais jokes about 'battering Danish DJ to death with a bicycle pump' after rabbit killed
- 4 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
- 5 England 'favourites' to host 2018 World Cup following Fifa arrests