World Cup 2014: Official anthem 'The World Is Ours' unveiled by Coca-Cola in Colombia
Tuesday 14 January 2014
The official Fifa World Cup 2014 anthem has been released by Coca-Cola ahead of this summer’s tournament, with a clear South American feel to the tune influenced by three artists who hail from the continent.
David Correy, who is best known for reaching the final of the second season of “The X Factor,” is one of the three artists who sang “The World is Ours” at the official launch in Bogota, Colombia. Alongside Brazilian percussion troupe Monobloco and written by song writing team Rock Mafia, Correy delved into his Brazilian roots from a re-connection with his Brazil-born mother, to perform the song anthem alongside Carlos Vives, a Colombian singer.
Brazilian Gaby Amaranots completed the trio who performed the song in their respective languages, and it will be used by the drinks company as part of their advertising in the build-up to the World Cup.
Listen to the official World Cup 2014 anthem below...
Latest in Sport
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'