World Cup 2014: Official anthem 'The World Is Ours' unveiled by Coca-Cola in Colombia
Tuesday 14 January 2014
The official Fifa World Cup 2014 anthem has been released by Coca-Cola ahead of this summer’s tournament, with a clear South American feel to the tune influenced by three artists who hail from the continent.
David Correy, who is best known for reaching the final of the second season of “The X Factor,” is one of the three artists who sang “The World is Ours” at the official launch in Bogota, Colombia. Alongside Brazilian percussion troupe Monobloco and written by song writing team Rock Mafia, Correy delved into his Brazilian roots from a re-connection with his Brazil-born mother, to perform the song anthem alongside Carlos Vives, a Colombian singer.
Brazilian Gaby Amaranots completed the trio who performed the song in their respective languages, and it will be used by the drinks company as part of their advertising in the build-up to the World Cup.
Listen to the official World Cup 2014 anthem below...
Latest in Sport
England 29 Wales 18 match report: Stuart Lancaster's men enjoy their day in the sun at expense of weary Wales
Carl Froch v George Groves tickets for Wembley Stadium rematch reportedly sell-out within an hour of going on sale
FA Cup semi-final draw: Arsenal to play Wigan at Wembley, Hull paired with Sheffield United
England 29 Wales 18 player ratings: Who was the star man at Twickenham?
FA Cup semi-finals: Lukasz Fabianski will start in goal for Arsenal against Wigan
- 1 Oxford is the least affordable city in the UK, where houses cost 11 times local salaries
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time