World Cup 2014: The 10 best players featuring in their final tournament, including Frank Lampard, Andre Pirlo and Didier Drogba
You won't be seeing this lot at a World Cup again
Wednesday 04 June 2014
The World Cup is the pinnacle of any player's career - an opportunity to write their names into the history books.
But for some Brazil represents their final chance to do so.
For these players by the time Fifa takes the World Cup to Russia in four years time, they'll more likely to be a pundit than be taking part on the pitch.
Read more: 10 best penalty takers
We take a look at 10 of the biggest names in the game, who while might have less running in their legs, will have no limit to their desire to etch themselves into World Cup folklore this summer.
Who from our selection do you think will make the biggest impact in Brazil? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Best memes as Twitter reacts to imminent £16m transfer
Manchester United transfer news: Louis van Gaal joins Arsenal and Chelsea in the race for Sami Khedira
Sami Khedira to Arsenal? Arsene Wenger reveals Gunners are still in the market for defensive midfielder
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Risky business to think Balotelli can replace Luis Suarez
Malky Mackay texts: Harry Redknapp defends former Cardiff City manger - 'he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27