World Cup 2014: The 10 best players featuring in their final tournament, including Frank Lampard, Andre Pirlo and Didier Drogba
You won't be seeing this lot at a World Cup again
Wednesday 04 June 2014
The World Cup is the pinnacle of any player's career - an opportunity to write their names into the history books.
But for some Brazil represents their final chance to do so.
For these players by the time Fifa takes the World Cup to Russia in four years time, they'll more likely to be a pundit than be taking part on the pitch.
Read more: 10 best penalty takers
We take a look at 10 of the biggest names in the game, who while might have less running in their legs, will have no limit to their desire to etch themselves into World Cup folklore this summer.
Who from our selection do you think will make the biggest impact in Brazil? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United's best XI of the season so far: No place for Angel Di Maria or Juan Mata
Manchester United's Angel Di Maria sells more shirts than Alexis Sanchez, Diego Costa and every other player in the Premier League
Hector Bellerin opens up on switch from Barcelona to Arsenal
WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain