World Cup 2014: The most controversial and shocking moments of the group stage
A look back at the moments that got people talking
That's the group stage over then and 48 games completed. With the drama of the knock-out phase still to come this has already been a tournament full of memorable moments.
But aside from the moments of beauty, like Robin van Persie's flying header and Tim Cahill's stunning volley, there have also been some incidents those involved would rather forget.
While there is obviously one that stands teeth and shoulders above any others, there has been an assortment of ed cards, play acting and bizarre refereeing decisions to ensure some hot talking points from Brazil.
So here, we take a look at the most controversial, shocking and downright stupid moments of group stage.
What has been your favourite moment of the tournament so far? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Lionel Messi dumps Jerome Boateng: The moment two-goal hero made Bayern Munich defender look like 'baby in a playpen'
Barcelona vs Bayern Munich match report: Lionel Messi double and Neymar strike put Barca on course for Champions League final
Floyd Mayweather mocks Manny Pacquiao: 'Winners win and losers have excuses'
Barcelona 3 Bayern Munich 0 player ratings
Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City in top eight of Forbes Rich List
- 1 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 2 Qataris pledge to expand Canary Wharf
- 3 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 4 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach