World Cup: Wag watch
Monday 28 June 2010
While England's band of stars were busy being humiliated by Germany, their WAGs were out in force.
Frank Lampard's girlfriend, Christine Bleakley, and John Terry's wife Toni Poole both arrived in South Africa and were at the game yesterday to support their partners.
Bleakley recently announced her departure from the BBC to join Adrian Chiles as the face of morning television. She posed for pictures with fans at the game, but will have been disappointed that her boyfriend had a legitimate goal overlooked.
Chantelle Tagoe, Emile Heskey's partner, was also in Bloemfontein, visiting the "Cheetah Experience", a sanctuary for the endangered species.
Back home, Coleen Rooney took her mind off Wayne's woes with a trip to Chester racecourse after deciding to stay at home with son Kai. Also back in Britain is Steven Gerrard's wife Alex Curran, while Peter Crouch's fiancée, Abby Clancy, is currently working the crowds on ITV's World Cup Live.
Latest in Sport
Frank Lampard was RIGHT not to celebrate Manchester City's equaliser against Chelsea
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
WWE Raw results: Dean Ambrose and John Cena hunt down Seth Rollins but The Authority stand firmly in their way
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Five reasons why Louis van Gaal is a worse Manchester United manager than David Moyes
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years