Bobby Zamora has no fears about forfeiting his place in the England squad while he recovers from a broken leg.
The 29-year-old's horror injury in last month's Barclays Premier League win over Wolves could not have come at a worse time for the striker, who earned his first cap in August's friendly against Hungary.
Zamora impressed on his debut and looked set to play a part in England's European Championship qualifying campaign.
He faces another four months on the sidelines but is confident of forcing his way back into Fabio Capello's plans next year.
"I think if I can go out and do well for Fulham then I don't see any reason why not," Zamora said.
"I definitely gave Fabio Capello a good picture of me when I was there and with the performance in the game I like to think I did enough to certainly be considered in the future."
Zamora's absence has seen veteran Bolton striker Kevin Davies handed his maiden England call-up for Tuesday's Euro 2012 clash with Montenegro.
Despite the extra competition, Zamora welcomed Davies' inclusion, insisting it proved Capello was not afraid to pick players from less fashionable clubs.
"He is looking at everybody as opposed to just going to Manchester United games, whoever they are playing, and watching Wayne Rooney," Zamora said.
"You can see he's going all over the country and that's good to know. It's encouraging for everybody."Reuse content