Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 'A World Cup without me is not worth watching', says Sweden striker after Cristiano Ronaldo hat-trick puts Portugal through to World Cup
Sweden lost out in the play-off to Portugal on Tuesday night
Wednesday 20 November 2013
After the 3-2 defeat in the second leg play-off against Portugal meant that Sweden will not be going to the World Cup, Zlatan Ibrahimovic says the tournament will not be worth watching now he isn’t involved.
The 32-year-old scored twice in Stockholm, but Cristiano Ronaldo’s sublime hat-trick put Portugal through at the Swedes' expense.
“It was probably the last attempt to reach the World Cup with the national team for me,” the Paris Saint Germain striker said. “One thing is for sure, a World Cup without me is nothing to watch so it is not worthwhile to wait for the World Cup.
“Congratulations to Portugal but both teams deserved to get to the World Cup.
"The disappointment of course is great now that the World Cup in Brazil will remain a dream for the Swedish national team.”
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Of all the computers Apple has ever made there’s only one that Steve Jobs had to sell his car to finance
Latest in Sport
Anderlecht vs Arsenal match report: Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski pounce as Arsenal leave it late
Manchester United vs Chelsea: Daley Blind admits United must 'play our best game' to get a result at Old Trafford
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Mario Balotelli substituted at half-time against Real Madrid: Was shirt swapping the real reason?
- 1 As an ex prostitute, I urge all the political parties to commit to the Sex Buyer Law
- 2 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 3 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years