Ashley Young 'dive': From the Manchester United winger to Rivaldo - the worst divers in football
We take a look through the hall of shame
With Gareth Bale having left for Real Madrid, some may have thought the issue of diving had gone with the Welshman to Spain.
But that is certainly not the case.
It would seem that Manchester United winger Ashley Young has taken it upon himself to carry the diving mantel. Having already taken tumbles early in the season in a match against Crystal Palace, the England international was at it again against Real Sociedad in the Champions League.
Former United players Roy Keane and Ray Wilkins laid into the winger, claiming he had 'conned the referee' to win a penalty. At least some justice was served with Robin van Persie smashing the resultant spot-kick off the post.
In light of Young's tumble, we've picked out the footballers more deserving of an Oscar than a spot-kick in our countdown of the worst divers in football.
Click HERE or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts