Ashley Young 'dive': From the Manchester United winger to Rivaldo - the worst divers in football
We take a look through the hall of shame
With Gareth Bale having left for Real Madrid, some may have thought the issue of diving had gone with the Welshman to Spain.
But that is certainly not the case.
It would seem that Manchester United winger Ashley Young has taken it upon himself to carry the diving mantel. Having already taken tumbles early in the season in a match against Crystal Palace, the England international was at it again against Real Sociedad in the Champions League.
Former United players Roy Keane and Ray Wilkins laid into the winger, claiming he had 'conned the referee' to win a penalty. At least some justice was served with Robin van Persie smashing the resultant spot-kick off the post.
In light of Young's tumble, we've picked out the footballers more deserving of an Oscar than a spot-kick in our countdown of the worst divers in football.
Click HERE or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year