Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan banned from driving
Friday 25 November 2011
Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan was banned from driving for 18 months today after admitting four offences - including driving with excess alcohol - following a motorway crash last month.
The 21-year-old Scotland international, from Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, was also fined £4,500 at Nottingham Magistrates' Court.
Bannan crashed his Range Rover Sport on the southbound carriageway of the M1 near Watnall, at around 5.30am on October 23.
He was charged with drink driving, failing to stop after a road accident, driving without due care and attention and driving on a provisional licence.
The court heard that the footballer was almost twice the legal limit.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained in Los Angeles after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly