Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan banned from driving
Friday 25 November 2011
Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan was banned from driving for 18 months today after admitting four offences - including driving with excess alcohol - following a motorway crash last month.
The 21-year-old Scotland international, from Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, was also fined £4,500 at Nottingham Magistrates' Court.
Bannan crashed his Range Rover Sport on the southbound carriageway of the M1 near Watnall, at around 5.30am on October 23.
He was charged with drink driving, failing to stop after a road accident, driving without due care and attention and driving on a provisional licence.
The court heard that the footballer was almost twice the legal limit.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'