Beckham revealed as an asthma sufferer
Tuesday 24 November 2009
David Beckham's agent has admitted the 34-year-old has been an asthma sufferer for years - but insists it has not hampered the player's performance.
Beckham was pictured using an inhaler during LA Galaxy's MLS Cup final defeat to Real Salt Lake and Simon Oliveira admitted to the Daily Mail: "David has suffered with this since he was a young boy but it has obviously had no effect on his performance.
"He has never sought to make it public but if it does inspire any sufferer to think they can achieve great things like many other sportsmen have done then so much the better."
The Galaxy lost a penalty shoot-out after England midfielder Beckham had played the full 120 minutes. He is due to report for training with AC Milan on December 28.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'