Brad Friedel and other incredible Premier League records
Monday 08 October 2012
Brad Friedel's incredible run of 310 consecutive starts in the Premier League, spanning eight-years and three clubs, came to an end at the weekend.
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas instead opted to start Sunday's match against Aston Villa with summer signing Hugo Lloris.
Here, we reflect on the American's record and look at some other runs achieved in the Premier League era.
Click here or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world