Carlos Puyol and the Barcelona legends
Defender has announced he will leave the club at the end of the season
Tuesday 04 March 2014
Carlos Puyol has announced he will leave the club at the end of the season.
It brings an end to a glorious career with the Catalan side.
The centre-back not only looked like a warrior, he has been one in a side more renowned for its pretty football.
Since debuting back in 1999, Puyol's presence in the Barcelona squad formed the foundation for his team to win numerous trophies as well as individual accolades for himself.
Appearing more than 400 times, the defender has won three Champions League titles.
There is no doubt the Barcelona captain will go down as one of the Nou Camp's all-time greats. Here, we take a look at other club legends...
Latest in Sport
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men