Chicken smuggling: a football fan's guide
Much credit to the Blackburn fan who smuggled a chicken into Ewood Park to protest the side's owners, Venky's. But when most grounds check any kind of bag for booze, weapons or, God forbid, water, the question is – like when Inter fans smuggled a Vespa into the San Siro in 2001 – how did they do that?
Presuming stewards were checking bags and that the "chicken up the jumper" method is too clucking scratchy, there can be only one answer. Someone borrowed Mario Balotelli's famous hat.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Phantom of the Opera writer mocked after issuing a warning about Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon
General election 2015: Labour will toughen hate crimes legislation surrounding Islamophobia
HSBC review into moving headquarters from UK 'underway'