Cristiano Ronaldo's records and greatest goals
A select few of the many records and goals that the Portuguese star has to his name
Friday 14 June 2013
Whether Cristiano Ronaldo’s future lies at Real Madrid or Manchester United, there are no doubt that the record-breaker has had an illustrious career to date.
Having joined Manchester United in 2003, Ronaldo has gone on to become one of the most successful players of all-time. When he left United for Real Madrid for a record £80m, many questioned whether they would see him at Old Trafford again.
They did, but only as an opponent as Madrid knocked-out the Red Devils in the Champions League first knockout round. But now it seems a realistic possibility that he could return to his former club as a player, with new manager David Moyes interested in bringing back one of the best players to have graced the Premier League.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
Jagielka: Moyes needs to bring in his own players
United’s ambitious transfer plans at risk from top-four failure
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration