David Beckham has interest from 'big European clubs'
Tuesday 22 November 2011
David Beckham has interest from two "big European clubs" to weigh up when he decides his playing future.
The 36-year-old former England captain's Los Angeles Galaxy contract runs out at the end of December and Beckham, who has been linked with Paris St Germain, is weighing up his options.
"I have a decision to make and I haven't made it yet," Beckham told BBC Radio One.
"I've got options, which is amazing at my age. A couple of big European clubs are after me.
"I need to sit down with friends and family and decide what's best for me. I might still be here next year playing."
Beckham has always maintained he would not play for another English club after leaving Manchester United.
He added: "I have enjoyed everywhere I have played and it doesn't matter where I finish my career.
"I have always said I played for the biggest club in England and couldn't see myself playing in another English shirt."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate