David Beckham's fine form since Olympic omission continues
Friday 20 July 2012
David Beckham continued his fine form since being omitted from Great Britain's Olympic squad by scoring one goal and setting up another as the LA Galaxy fought back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Vancouver Whitecaps.
Having scored twice in Galaxy's last game – a 35-yard strike and a trademark free-kick – against Portland Timbers, the former England captain kept his scoring run going by drilling the ball in from just outside the box. "It's always nice to get a goal. I've scored a couple in the last few games, and it's been enjoyable because I'm not used to it," said Beckham.
Latest in Sport
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'