Diego Maradona wants to coach in China according to state media
Wednesday 15 August 2012
Chinese state media say Argentine football great Diego Maradona wants to coach in China, where clubs are spending big bucks to lure international names.
The 51-year-old Maradona arrived in Beijing on Monday for an eight-day charity tour and the China Daily quoted him as saying "I wish to contribute to the development of China's soccer youth."
Maradona was recently fired as manager by the United Arab Emirates club Al Wasl.
China Daily said Maradona plans to meet Wei Di, head of the Chinese Football Association, during his visit.
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'