Dream Teams: Chelsea
Wednesday 29 April 2009
Chelsea are safe in the knowledge that two of their current crop have been selected in the Blues' Dream Team.
Captain John Terry and midfielder Frank Lampard are the current players who make it into a side low on silverware but high on flamboyant talent; but team-mates Peter Cech, Michael Essien, Joe Cole and Didier Drogba can count themselves unlucky not to feature.
Looking further back than Drogba's goal-scoring era, Chelsea's history of attacking panache also means there is no place in the starting XI for Kerry Dixon or Ian Hutchinson.
Others unfortunate to miss out include Eric Parsons and the mercurial Frank Blunstone, who both starred on the flanks as Chelsea won their first top-flight title in 1955.
Another to have to settle for a place on the bench is midfielder Alan Hudson but who would make it into your all-time Chelsea XI? Join in the debate below.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Dennis Rodman will coach the North Korea basketball team
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile