Drink-driving ban for Bannan
Saturday 26 November 2011
Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan was banned from driving for 18 months yesterday after admitting four offences – including driving with excess alcohol – following a motorway crash last month.
The Scotland international was also fined £4,500 at Nottingham magistrates' court.
Bannan, 21, crashed his Range Rover Sport on the southbound carriageway of the M1 near Watnall, Nottinghamshire, at around 5.30am on 23 October. He was charged with drink-driving, failing to stop after a road accident, driving without due care and attention, and driving on a provisional licence.
The court heard the footballer was almost twice the legal limit.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile