Edgar Davids joins Barnet: The most shocking transfer deals in history
Edgar Davids, the former Ajax, Juventus and Barcelona midfielder last night announced that he was joining the team currently propping up the Football League - Barnet.
The Dutchman will join primarily as a coach but has "expressed a serious intent to become a member of the playing squad" at the League Two side - two years after retiring.
Last night's announcement came as a surprise to everyone, but it's not the first bizarre transfer.
Here, we take a look at some other shocking deals.
Click here or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide.
Latest in Sport
Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
Danny Ings to Tottenham: Spurs rival Liverpool for £6m Burnley striker
England 'favourites' to host 2018 World Cup following Fifa arrests
FA ban Aston Villa flag for the FA Cup final because it contains a reference to Arsenal
Manchester United season player ratings: Grading Louis van Gaal's entire squad
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 3 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 'Paracetamol Challenge': Police and teachers issue warning to parents over social media craze
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train