Ex-footballer Charlie Adam Snr dies
Father of Stoke City and Scotland midfielder Charlie Adam dies suddenly
Tuesday 18 December 2012
A former professional footballer has died suddenly aged 50, police said.
Tayside Police said Charles Adam, who played for Dundee United and Partick Thistle, died yesterday in Dundee.
Mr Adam was the father of current Scotland international and Stoke midfielder Charlie Adam and Grant Adam, who is the goalkeeper for Airdrie United in the Scottish First Division.
A police statement said: "Tayside Police were called to Grampian Gardens in Dundee at 6.30pm on Monday after the death of a 50-year-old man.
"The deceased has been confirmed as former professional football player Charles Adam (senior) who played for Dundee United."
Police said there were no suspicious circumstances and a report will be sent to the procurator fiscal.
Latest in Sport
The muddy truth of the Christmas Truce game
Alexis Sanchez video: Turns out the Arsenal forward is brilliant at playing the piano too
Burnley forward George Boyd has sympathy for Brendan Rodgers - because he struggled with Liverpool on Football Manager
James Milner lives up to 'boring' tag in brilliant Manchester City Christmas video
Sir Alex Ferguson on Jose Mourinho: 'He's good looking, speaks five languages, wins everything - it's unfair'
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever