Fifa Ballon d'Or: Lionel Messi wears garish red suit to awards ceremony
The Barcelona forward was among those short listed for the Fifa Ballon d'Or
Perhaps Lionel Messi didn't get the memo as while every player selected in the FifPro World XI team of the year wore strict 'black tie' attire, the Barcelona forward went for something a little different.
The Argentina international opted to wear a shiny red suit for the ceremony - a decision that may have left him red faced as well.
Messi was shortlisted for the night's main award, the Fifa Ballon d'Or, alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Franck Ribery.
He's attended the ceremony in Zurich with his partner Antonella Roccuzzo.
The Washington Post editor helped Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein bring down President Nixon
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Latest in Sport
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy has not been arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world