Football In Brief: Evra warns De Gea of challenge ahead
Saturday 02 July 2011
Patrice Evra has warned new team-mate David de Gea that replacing Edwin van der Sar in the Manchester United goal will not be a straightforward task.
"He has to work hard because it's not easy to do the job Edwin did," Evra said. "But he will be given every opportunity."
Adam returns as transfer drags on
Charlie Adam will return to training at Blackpool next week as he awaits updates on his potential move to Liverpool. The midfielder, 26, had been expected to move to Anfield earlier in the summer, but has admitted: "I go back to Blackpool on Monday and that is the way it is."
Latest in Sport
Tony Bellew vs Nathan Cleverly 2 report: Bellew takes his revenge with points win over Cleverly
Perth midfielder Ruben Zadkovich sent off 17 seconds after coming on against Wellington
England vs Samoa match report: England finally end losing streak as Jonny May stars in win ahead of Wallabies showdown
Arsenal vs Manchester United report: Wayne Rooney and a Kieran Gibbs own goal make Gunners rue missed chances
Arsenal vs Manchester United player ratings: Who was the star man? Wayne Rooney or David De Gea?
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track