Football In Brief: Evra warns De Gea of challenge ahead
Saturday 02 July 2011
Patrice Evra has warned new team-mate David de Gea that replacing Edwin van der Sar in the Manchester United goal will not be a straightforward task.
"He has to work hard because it's not easy to do the job Edwin did," Evra said. "But he will be given every opportunity."
Adam returns as transfer drags on
Charlie Adam will return to training at Blackpool next week as he awaits updates on his potential move to Liverpool. The midfielder, 26, had been expected to move to Anfield earlier in the summer, but has admitted: "I go back to Blackpool on Monday and that is the way it is."
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes column: England must learn to keep possession and dictate games before they are exposed by the likes of Germany and Brazil
Chelsea vs West Brom: Jose Mourinho says Diego Costa is ready for ‘marathon’ Christmas
Arsenal vs Manchester United: Arsene Wenger insists clash at the Emirates Stadium remains battle of the giants
Cesc Fabregas, Jack Wilshere, Yaya Toure or Steven Gerrard? No, it's Mile Jedinak who is the best midfielder in the Premier League
WWE Survivor Series 2014: Start time and full match card
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Winnie the Pooh banned from Polish playground for being 'inappropriate hermaphrodite'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in