Football In Brief: Evra warns De Gea of challenge ahead
Saturday 02 July 2011
Patrice Evra has warned new team-mate David de Gea that replacing Edwin van der Sar in the Manchester United goal will not be a straightforward task.
"He has to work hard because it's not easy to do the job Edwin did," Evra said. "But he will be given every opportunity."
Adam returns as transfer drags on
Charlie Adam will return to training at Blackpool next week as he awaits updates on his potential move to Liverpool. The midfielder, 26, had been expected to move to Anfield earlier in the summer, but has admitted: "I go back to Blackpool on Monday and that is the way it is."
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Latest in Sport
Comment: David Moyes paying the price of Manchester United's virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Arsenal 1 Everton 1 match report: Gerard Deulofeu provides late sucker punch following Mesut Ozil opener
Transfer news: Manchester United will not be forced into panic buys, says David Moyes
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis