Footballer's spending habits revealed
Wednesday 09 March 2011
Premier League footballer Stewart Downing had to reveal his spending habits to a jury yesterday.
The 26-year-old Aston Villa star was giving evidence at the trial of former agent, Ian Elliott, who allegedly siphoned cash from one of Downing's accounts.
Although he spent £45,000 on a home cinema, £6,000 on a wardrobe and £45,000 on a conservatory, he said the account should have contained far more money. Mr Elliott, 53, denies four counts of fraud at York Crown Court. The trial continues.
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Latest in Sport
Mesut Ozil reveals he really is the Superman at Arsenal, Jack Wilshere is Batman and don't make Lukas Podolski angry - it's the Arsenal Christmas Party
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Missing out on Tottenham job was a 'close shave', says Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers
The most underrated players in the Premier League
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
- 1 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- 5 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend