Free transfers: Get an entirely new squad for nothing
Friday 15 January 2010
Are you a football manager looking to rebuild his squad? Have your club's owners embedded the club neck-deep in debt? Are your highly-paid stars increasingly injury-prone, out-of-form, looking for a new club or simply not as good as you thought they were? Then here's your new squad.
The players on this list are either currently available for free in the January window, or are out of contract in the summer and able to sign a pre-contract with a new club this month. So, Alex, Rafa or even Avram, sign this lot up, and you've got a new squad - for nothing. Apart from their wages, of course.
Latest in Sport
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget