From bad to brilliant - football managers who overcame setbacks
Tuesday 03 July 2012
Tottenham Hotspur today announced the appointment of Andre Villas-Boas as their new manager on a three-year deal.
Fans of the north London club will be hoping it is more succesful than his last managerial stint, at Chelsea, which saw him lose his job after only eight months in charge.
Here, we provide Tottenham supporters with some hope as we look at other managers who overcame a bad spell in charge to guide their new club to glory.
Click here or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide.
Latest in Sport
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God