Gareth Bale, Willian, Cesc Fabregas and the most memorable transfer sagas
A look at the deals that went on and on...
The transfer window guarantees a few things - spurious stories, Jim White becoming over excited and at least one move that enters 'saga' territory.
This year, the protracted moves of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid and Willian to Liverpool/Tottenham/Chelsea stand out in a frantic summer of activity that has also included 'non-moves' for Wayne Rooney and Luis Suarez.
Here, we take a look at some other transfer sagas that dominated the summer window.
Click here or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Latest in Sport
Liverpool 3 Cardiff City 1 match report: Luis Suarez leaves Malky Mackay with nothing but pride
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Spurs don't want Glenn Hoddle as their new manager
Ashes 2013-14: England spinner Graeme Swann issues apology for his 'crass and thoughtless' comments comparing defeat in Perth to rape
Arsène Wenger: Now is the time to finally beat Jose Mourinho
- 1 Top PR exec Justine Sacco under fire for sending racist tweet before flying to Africa
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 The publisher who played with fire: the battle for control of Larsson's £30m legacy
- 5 Police seize possessions of rough sleepers in crackdown on homelessness