Gareth Bale, Willian, Cesc Fabregas and the most memorable transfer sagas
A look at the deals that went on and on...
The transfer window guarantees a few things - spurious stories, Jim White becoming over excited and at least one move that enters 'saga' territory.
This year, the protracted moves of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid and Willian to Liverpool/Tottenham/Chelsea stand out in a frantic summer of activity that has also included 'non-moves' for Wayne Rooney and Luis Suarez.
Here, we take a look at some other transfer sagas that dominated the summer window.
Click here or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide
Latest in Sport
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk