Hull agree Zamora fee
Hull have agreed a £5million fee with Fulham for striker Bobby Zamora, the London club have announced.
The 28-year-old emerged as a Tigers target after they were beaten to the signings of Marc-Antoine Fortune and Fraizer Campbell by Celtic and Sunderland respectively.
Hull, who are also closing in on a deal for Sunderland's Daryl Murphy, will now hope to meet with the player to discuss terms.
Any deal could take time to come to fruition with Zamora currently on the Cottagers' pre-season tour of Australia.
Zamora scored just two goals last season after his £4.8million move from West Ham but his partnership with Andy Johnson was still largely deemed a success.
The former England Under-21 international made his name during a prolific spell with Brighton but he then failed to establish himself after a high-profile move to Tottenham.
He joined West Ham in February 2004 and scored 30 goals for the Upton Park club.
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
arts + entsOlivier-nominated actor and singer is set to star in Lloyd Webber's musical about the Profumo affair
filmWith more than 70 per cent of early films lost, archivists are scouring the world to preserve the precious examples that remain
sportThe coach of Chalfont St Peter's under-10s football team was relieved of his duties after he sent an email to parents that said: 'I am only interested in winning'
techA piece of new hi-tech kit aims to get us scribbling again
indybestMake getting out of the wrong side of bed on cold winter mornings a thing of the past with our selection of night-time covers
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Latest in Sport
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do