In Brief: Fresh start for Jose Bosingwa at QPR; Sammy Ameobi joins Middlesbrough on loan
Monday 25 February 2013
Harry Redknapp, the Queen's Park Rangers manager, has said he has forgiven Jose Bosingwa following a mid-season bust-up that had exiled the defender for almost three months.
Redknapp picked Bosingwa for the first time since 8 December at the weekend, as QPR lost 2-0 to Manchester United. The Champions League winner had been out of favour after he reportedly stormed out of Loftus Road after being dropped for a home match with Fulham, and was fined two weeks wages.
"Jose made a mistake, but it can't go on forever," Redknapp said. "The issue is resolved. He was fined and we've all moved on."
Ameobi joins Boro on loan
The Newcastle winger Sammy Ameobi has joined Middlesbrough on loan until the end of the season.
Tony Mowbray, the manager of the Championship side, said: "He's an out-and-out attacking wide player who can operate on either side and will be ideal when we want to play with two wingers. He will hopefully give some players a lift and create some competition."
The 20-year-old has featured for Newcastle 14 times this season.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014: Football Manager developers predict the team of the tournament - but which England player makes it into the XI?
Transfer news: Manchester United step up chase for Internazionale midfielder Fredy Guarin - reports
Manchester City should have known rules in Bayern Munich match, says Rafa Benitez
Ashes 2013-14: Bowlers go short to let Aussies off the hook again
Champions League last 16 draw 2013: Who could Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United meet?
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white