Liverpool v Manchester United: The greatest north-west derby encounters
With David Moyes' appointment, a new chapter in this great rivalry is about to begin, but first we look back
Manchester United make the short trip to Anfield this Sunday to face Liverpool, and with both teams yet to lose a game this season, can either of these sides inflict a first blow of the season on their greatest rival?
Although it's early doors in the season, this won't alter the intensity of the clash, and as these memorable encounters show, this fixture will always have the potential to be a classic.
Click HERE or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide to the greatest encounters between the sides.
Latest in Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo pays €60,000 for brain operation for 10-month-old boy
Michael Schumacher 'experience' gives F1 legend chance to 'show his character', says Lewis Hamilton
Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1 match report: Lukas Podolski goal fails to inspire comeback at the Allianz Arena as Gunners are knocked out of Champions League
The 10 funniest football chants revealed, with poll naming West Ham supporters as 'wittiest in the country'
Barcelona 2 Manchester City 1 match report: Lionel Messi and Dani Alves on target as Pablo Zabaleta sees red and City exit Champions League
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 3 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 4 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home