Luis Suarez ban upheld: The 10 best Suarez memes after CAS uphold his four-month ban
A look back at the best memes that surfaced after Suarez bit Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini
The Court of Arbitration for Sport announced on Thursday that Fifa's decision to ban Luis Suarez from football for four-months is to be upheld following his bite on Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup.
They did confirm that Suarez would be able to train with his new club Barcelona though, after lifting the ban on all football-related activities in what they labelled an "excessive" decision.
Suarez stole the headlines in Brazil for all the wrong reasons when he sunk his teeth into the shoulder of Chiellini during Uruguay's 1-0 win over Italy that sent the South American's through to the last-16 at their opponents expense.
A number of memes and jokes about Suarez immediately surfaced on social media, making light of the incident, but Suarez was not laughing as he was banned for the rest of the tournament.
Here, we re-cap the best memes that emerges after the shameful bite.
Did you think that Suarez's appeal should have been successful? Leave your thoughts in the comment box below.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts