Luis Suarez: 'It's just the way I am during games'
Read The Independent's exlusive interview with the Liverpool striker, which was conducted at the start of the season
Tuesday 23 April 2013
At the start of the season, The Independent conducted an exclusive interview with Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
In it, he told Pete Jenson: "If you saw me a few years ago you would know that I have improved a lot but I know I still have some way to go. I am 25 years old, I know I don't need to do the things I used to do any more because it makes things worse for me and for the team."
At the weekend, Suarez returned to the headlines for all the wrong reasons after he bit the arm of Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic.
Suarez's words, and his explanation for his on pitch demeanour, provide a fascinating insight into the mind of the striker.
To read the full interview, click here.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
Tunisia beach attack: How can British Muslims respond to the latest outrages?