Luis Suarez: 'It's just the way I am during games'
Read The Independent's exlusive interview with the Liverpool striker, which was conducted at the start of the season
Tuesday 23 April 2013
At the start of the season, The Independent conducted an exclusive interview with Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
In it, he told Pete Jenson: "If you saw me a few years ago you would know that I have improved a lot but I know I still have some way to go. I am 25 years old, I know I don't need to do the things I used to do any more because it makes things worse for me and for the team."
At the weekend, Suarez returned to the headlines for all the wrong reasons after he bit the arm of Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic.
Suarez's words, and his explanation for his on pitch demeanour, provide a fascinating insight into the mind of the striker.
To read the full interview, click here.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
It takes a platoon of chefs, litres of brandy and rum, and almost 100kg of dried fruit
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile