Maciej Szczesny and the most embarrassing dads in sport
Arsenal's goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny was forced to apologise for his outspoken father
Wojciech Szczesny was forced to apologise to Arsenal and manager Arsene Wenger today in light of his father's recent comments.
While Maciej Szczesny's intervention may have done his son no favours, it won't be the first time a sportsperson has been shown up by a family member, as these unlucky athletes can testify.
You can choose your friends...
Click HERE or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide
Latest in Sport
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.