Manchester United confirm death of former player Jack Crompton
Crompton made 212 appearances and won the FA Cup and League title
Thursday 04 July 2013
Manchester United have confirmed the death of former player and coach Jack Crompton at the age of 91.
Crompton made 212 appearances for the Red Devils and was part of the team that won the 1948 FA Cup and league title in 1952.
After ending his playing career, Crompton took up a coaching role under the guidance of Sir Matt Busby and was part of the Scot's backroom team for the 1968 European Cup final triumph against Benfica at Wembley.
Latest in Sport
Jay Hart sex tape: Clitheroe footballer sacked after being filmed having sex with unknown blonde woman in manager's dug-out
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
Jack Grealish: Surely the FA will belatedly try to snap up Aston Villa star after his Wembley heroics
Cesc Fabregas in Premier League title dig at Arsenal after pointing out '27 year wait'
Sergio Aguero vs Harry Kane vs Diego Costa: Who will win the battle to be Premier League top scorer?
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Parma, Missouri: 80 per cent of town's police quit after first black mayor is elected
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Google search history can now be downloaded in its entirety, mass embarrassment expected
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments