Manchester United v Manchester City: The greatest derby matches
We remember the great contests ahead of tonight's clash at Old Trafford
Manchester United and Manchester City come together tonight in a Premier League showdown at Old Trafford.
Last season's league meetings, both won by City, will loom large in United's psyche - despite the fact this season's title is practically theirs already.
United won at the Etihad earlier in the season and can complete the double with victory tonight - it would serve as payback - and assert their authority as the best club in England.
The last five games have averaged 4.6 goals - so while this match will have little bearing on where the Premier League title ends up, it promises entertainment.
Ahead of the match, we recount some of the greatest Manchester derbies...
Latest in Sport
Alexis Sanchez: Streetwise Arsenal forward is the real deal, says Arsene Wenger
Arsenal vs Burnley: Jack Wilshere ruled out with knee injury as Arsene Wenger reveals further injury concerns with just three fit defenders
Tim Sherwood column: Southampton are succeeding because they have an identity
Enner Valencia interview: The striker takes whirlwind way to West Ham
Paul Scholes: Some Liverpool players are getting away with it while Mario Balotelli gets all the stick
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Pope Francis: 'Caring for the poor does not make you a communist'