Marcos Caceres suffers horrific dislocated arm during Newell's Old Boys match with Boca Juniors - video
Defender, 28, fell awkwardly during Argentine league match
Monday 11 August 2014
Newell's Old Boys defender Marcos Caceres suffered a horror injury during his side's match against Argentine rivals Boca Juniors.
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
The 28-year-old slipped awkwardly in the first half of the match, landing heavily on his arm which buckled underneath him.
The Paraguayan defender screamed in pain as his elbow appeared to pop out of its socket.
Caceres had to be carried off on a stretcher but it was not all bad as Newell's went on to win away at their illustrious rivals.
The injury is not as bad as initially feared, though Newell's are awaiting confirmation on the extent of the damage.
Latest in Sport
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke