Masked Demba Ba set to return for Chelsea this weekend against Wigan Athletic
Striker damaged his nose against Newcastle
Friday 08 February 2013
Demba Ba looks set to be fit for Chelsea's game against Wigan on Saturday after having a special face mask fitted in Milan this week.
The forward flew to Italy to have the protective mask made after former Newcastle team mate, Fabricio Coloccini, broke his nose when accidentally kicking him in the face last weekend.
Ba trained in the new mask yesterday and today and looks set to start on the bench for this weekend's game, with Rafael Benitez set to play Fernando Torres from the start.
The Senegal striker told the world about his trip to Italy earlier in the week, tweeting:
‘Me and the club docteur in the place going to milan to get a mask done...'
‘Thank you all for the messages. My nose looks better already. I'll look like "demba ba" again very soon lol’.
Latest in Sport
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.