Fifa has imposed another life ban on former presidential challenger Mohamed Bin Hammam.
The world governing body said the 63-year-old Qatari had resigned from all his positions in football and had been banned for life by FIFA's new adjudicatory chamber of the ethics committee.
The ban is not in connection with allegations of bribery while campaigning against Sepp Blatter for the FIFA presidency but for "conflicts of interest" while president of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC).
FIFA said in a statement: "Mr Mohamed Bin Hammam, FIFA executive committee member and AFC president, has resigned from all his positions in football with immediate effect and will never be active in organised football again.
"This results from a resignation letter of Mr Bin Hammam addressed to FIFA and AFC dated December 15, 2012.
"In view of the fact that under the new FIFA code of ethics, the FIFA ethics committee remains competent to render a decision even if a person resigns, the adjudicatory chamber decided to ban Mohamed Bin Hammam from all football-related activity for life.
"This life ban is based on the final report of Michael J Garcia, chairman of the investigatory chamber of the FIFA ethics committee.
"That report showed repeated violations of Article 19 (conflict of interest) of the FIFA code of ethics, edition 2012, of Mohamed Bin Hammam during his terms as AFC president and as member of the FIFA executive committee in the years 2008 to 2011, which justified a lifelong ban from all football-related activity."