Must watch: Fourth division German team baffle opposition with remarkable free kick routine
Thursday 26 September 2013
Maybe it's what Gary Speed, Nolberto Solano and Kieron Dyer tried to do for Newcastle all those years ago, but they confused themselves with the set-piece, not their opposition.
So here's German fourth division side Rot-Weiss Essen perfectly executing the trick against Wattenscheid 09 in a league match earlier this month. Essen were 2-1 down at the time but equalised in the 80-minute with this precise routine to baffle the Wattenscheid wall, and, most importantly, the goalkeeper.
Watch the video for yourself below...
Latest in Sport
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God