Must watch: Heroic ballboy saves three puppies in Bolivian football match
Some players took exception to the dogs' intrusion with the ballboy stepping in to save the day
Thursday 08 May 2014
A ballboy at a Bolivian top-light football match is being hailed a hero after he saved a trio of puppies who ran onto the pitch.
During the match between The Strongest and Universitario, the three dogs charged onto the field and interrupted proceedings, much to the annoyance of some of the players.
One little black puppy can then be seen being picked up and dropped repeatedly by one of the players who took exception to the intrusion.
When the player, who looks to get a little bite for his troubles, started acting increasingly more aggressive, the ballboy stepped in to ensure no harm came to dog.
Watch his heroics in the video below…
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Chelsea: Mutual contempt burns as rivals Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho face off again
Memphis Depay to Manchester United: Striker 'arrives in England' for talks over £25m switch
Wayne Rooney is Premier League's richest footballer with £72million worth but Lewis Hamilton leads the Sunday Times Rich List
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao start?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
- 1 Top 20 misconceptions people believe are true
- 2 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 3 Black Mass trailer: Johnny Depp might have started making good films again
- 4 Jacob Lescenski and Anthony Martinez: Straight student asks gay friend to High School prom and makes a million Twitter friends
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election